Arrived in New york at 12.30 am in the morning. Had booked city shuttle back in plano before my trip, so I thought I was alright. So what happens, bookings are totally nonsense! Doesn't assure you of anything. I get my luggage and make a call to super shuttle. First time they tell me 20 minutes.. then after 20 minutes, i call back and she tells me she made a mistake, it's 90 minutes. Alright.. And then I hear from others after waiting for a while that it is now a 3 hour wait. so I call her back, and she tells me there are no shuttles at the moment and I should cancel. Ahh.. Fantastic... in the end, get to know someone at the airport and ended up sharing a cab, with him to manhatten and me to wanlin's place in brooklyn. Reached there at 3 am I tink and after some chit chat, we go to bed. Cos wanlin is very tired from work and still had to wait for me, although I am too excited to be in new york and to see her and am yakking away.

Next morning, wanlin brings me for a walk around her neighbourhood in brooklyn.
we took a leisurely walk in some park. cannot remember what park it is anymore.
chanced upon a market, but not in the mood to buy fruits and vegetables.
Next we went to MET where we spent 3 plus hours, mostly looking at an exhibition of art by Cezanne, Van Gogh, Picasso and others. The focus was actually on Ambroise Vollard, an art dealer who helped greatly in making these modern artist famous. After that, we went to look at a huge beautiful christmas tree in the museum, which had angels hanging from it and at the base numerous figurines of people making their way to pay respects to the baby jesus in the manger in the stable. It's really pretty, and the figurines all very finely made, but unfortunately, we weren't allowed to take photos.
After that, we went to look at statues in a courtyard and started taking silly photos.
we made plans to meet yuanyiu for dinner at 8pm, but we were too tired and hungry. We left the museum to seek out junior's for some cheese cake before dinner with yy!
Central station
Times Square
Planters Peanut Butter!
Introducing Junior's Cheese cake! Yum yum!!! I love cheesecake!
After meeting up with yuanyiu, we went to a ethiopian restaurant for dinner. All the food was served on a single big plate and we used our hands. Suddenly thought of the time I was in the desert in Morocco. Anyway, I read in the newspaper that they wanna promote tourism between singapore and morocco. So cool! But beware... please do your research before you go morocco if you want to have happy memories of the place and not get fleeced while you're there. Anyway, realised wanlin owes me a lot of photos!!
Wanlin and me at Times Square after dinner
Okay, I am tired. I still have to travel to Boon Lay for work tomorrow! ArghH!
to be continued....
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home