Modern Art Museum
Today, a few of us, Yanish, Kat, Julia, Erkka, Stefan1, Stefan2 and I went to the modern art museum


Posing with the guard

Kat, me and Yanish. I hear Yanish loves singing and playing the guitar for hours at parties, but I've never had a chance to see it.

Typical Blonde Swede? Nah... This is Erkka from Finland. Likes ice-hockey and orienteering, which I think makes him 100% scandinavian to me. Supposed to go jogging together, but somehow I have no time... I need to get fit!
There is a section with a lot of architectural models. I like the models and see which part of Sweden the building is in, so that I know where to visit next time. Fortunately, most of them were in Stockholm, so I made the right choice of studying here. After that, we spent a large part of our time in this section called Queen of Mud, which totally makes no sense. We watched a short film on Queen of Mud, some other footage of her. I have no idea what’s the whole deal. It’s basically this naked woman who walks around with mud all covered over her, probably in the name of art. After that, we went to check out the paintings, the most famous ones in the museum would probably be some work from Pablo Picasso and Edvard Munch. After the museum, we went to this café in T-Centralen called the Rainbow Café. According to Yanish, it’s a gay café. The waiter told Yanish all the waiters are gay and a lot of their customers are gay. So the guys were behaving rather apprehensive about going. However, there was really nothing interesting to see, and there were no apparent gays around. CHEY! We sat around for coffee. I was in the mood for splurging, so I bought myself a cappuccino and chocolate cake for 65 kronors. I wasn’t in the best of moods suddenly and I think I was trying to give myself a mini-celebration for my birthday. After that, everyone somehow started taking turns in telling jokes. I think there is some cross-cultural differences and probably some problem with joke translation, cos many of the times we wouldn’t catch each others jokes. The ones told by the Yanish and Stefanio were the worst! Hahaha!
After that, I go back home. I’m not expecting much. But at 10.40pm, Dom comes over to celebrate my birthday for me. Thank you for helping me to celebrate. I think I would probably have lapsed into some lonely or homesickness mode, if not for everything… Dom takes me to the kitchen and presents me with an apple pie.

After I heat the apple pie, and return to my room, Dom has pulled some hat trick on me, and prepared some surprise in my supposedly locked room. Later, I learn he climbs in through the window and prepares the entire setup. I find some roses, tealights and a card.

I am very amazed at everything. I like the apple pie the most! Because Apple pie is one of my top desserts, and I think baking an apple pie is actually the sweetest thing someone has ever done for me yet.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home