Ultimate Fighting
Today I went for my first lesson of ultimate fighting. Initally, I had no girl to partner and had to partner Shian Chin. The instructor shows us some punches and kicks and then we practise on each other. It 's kind of weird punching and kicking Shian Chin and leting Shian Chin punch and kick me. Shian Chin comments that this is the first time he's ever punching and kicking a girl. Well... Shian Chin! You're the first guy to punch and kick me! But all in all, it was okay and didn't really hurt when he punched and kicked me.
I was rather tramautised by the instructor though. When he demonstrates how the moves are supposed to be executed, he really kicks or punches the students that they move back a little. It looks so painful! Ouch! I can't help but cringe or open my mouth in shock when he does it. I thought I was tough, but maybe I'm not suitable for all this real contact. Especially when he demonstrated this arm lock on Shian Chin, I thought his arm was going to break and it really looked like it hurt!
Luckily, we don't do it as hard when we practise with each other and after a while, I manage to partner this girl, called Meiling from Peru. However, Meiling is kind of too soft for me. She kind of just touches me and I feel obliged to return the treatment and I feel that its way too slack to simulate anything. However, overall, she's a nice girl and she's in charge of the pub in Lappis.
Some things we learnt today.
1. How to dodge and punch.
2. How to punch so that your punching shoulder is blocking your face and your other arm covers the other part of your face.
3. How to do a kick and to block a kick.
4. How to pretend to make a side kick and convert to a front kick.
5. How to do a side kick. I didn't really do this one right and the instructor came around to correct. His way of teaching me was to show me, and I think I improved after his attention. However, he really kicks you hard when he's demonstrating it to you. After he kicked my left side for like 5 times, I felt like I was going to buckle. It feels more and more painful after each consecutive kick even if he hasn't kicked any harder. Finally I tell him to please demo on my other side. OUCH!!!!!
6. How to arm lock a person's hand when he punches you. You grab the hand with your left. Roll inwards, lift R arm over and under his R arm and lock him.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home