Recipes
Decided to write down some dishes which my friends cooked for me, so that I can remember. This is bad.. I'm obsessed with food. I'm always very interested in finding out what's authentic dishes from different countries. So here goes:
From Latvia:
Alvis cooked this for me and Kat when we decided to bum at Kat's house. Relaxing evening of dinner and movie. Kat is veg, so everything is vegetarian, though Latvian food consists of lots of meat too.
Cauliflower with breadcrumbs.
You fry breadcrumbs till brown and add lots of butter till you obtain a paste. Serve with boiled cauliflower.
Potato Pan Cakes
Mash potatos with some salt, egg and cheese. Shape mix into pancakes. Fry with breadcrumbs.
Another evening of cooking.
Omelette
Sliced tomatos and paprika. Fry tomatos first then the paprika. Add in egg and milk mixture. Add in grated cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.
From Austria:
Chicken and Champignons
Actually, I didn't really see the whole process. Julia cooked this as a birthday lunch on the 8th for me. But I gather, its fried mushrooms with olive oil, add cream and loads of parsely. Then add in chunks of grilled chicken.
Chilli Sauce
I had this at a party. My friend Stephan made it and I thought it tasted totally mexican! I wanna learn how to cook mexican too! So I asked for recipe. Apparently, its super easy.
Fry onions first. Then add in minced meat, corn and loads of tomatos. Add some tabasco, salt, pepper and most importantly TEX MIX. So now I gotta try this out.
From Li Ling's Experimental Lab (muahahaha!)
Bacon and Brocolli in Pesto sauce
I actually cooked this twice and was successful both times so this is probably my best dish now. Using pesto sauce is probably cheating, but I dont really care for now. =)
First you fry bacon and boil the brocolli and pasta. Add brocolli and pasta to the frying pan. Then add some olive oil, pesto sauce and salt . Add cheese if desired.

Mushroom and Brocolli in Cream Sauce ( No other veges to eat!)
Fry some garlic and magarine. Fry the mushrooms together. Add in milk (or cream) and pasta. Add salt, pepper and cheese for taste. Add some parseley. (seems wrong to add this though)





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home