Easter tour Day 7(Munich) : Pork knuckles!
After resting at leipzig, we are ready for another long journey on the road to Munich. Poor SC is the only one driving, and I feel really bad when he gets so tired from all that driving. Really thankful that he is around. We made quite a few stops along the way at rest stops and gas stations, for us to pee and stretch, but mainly for SC to recharge and have his cup of coffee.

Stopped at a gas station and having some fresh air.

Doing some stretching?

Enjoying the nature. heh..
We reached Munich at 5pm, at the exact time that we had agreed to meet Dom, who was flying in from Stockholm and Alvis who arrived in Munich earlier on in the day. It was only when we were at the arrival hall did I checked my phone and read Dom's sms saying that his flight was delayed till 9 pm. We were deciding what to do. Cos 4 hours was a long time to stone at the airport with the whole Munich waiting for us and Munich itself was at least an hour's drive from the airport. Before that, I also had to look for Alvis! I was wondering how exactly was I going to locate him in the whole airport, because I didn't find him at the information centre in the arrival hall, which happened to be closed! In the end, Alvis found me and Qiang instead while I was attempting to make a call to him at the pubic phone in the departure hall. It was damn lucky, because my phone call was getting nowhere.
After we all met up, Alvis was introed to SC and Alvis gave directions to Alvis's friends place in Munich. We kind of got lost and drove about in circles for a while, but thankfully landed in the right place eventually. Edgar came out to say hi and help with our things. Well, Edgar's place did turn out to be pretty small and I wondered how we were going to sleep in the room, but we would settle that later. Here, I receive another sms from Dom saying he is delayed again and will only arrive at 11pm... Wow... We agreed for Dom to take the train himself to Marienplatz station where we would meet up.
Alvis is tired and decides to rest, while SC, Qiang and I decide to roam the streets of Munich. Initially we wanted to sight see the old town a bit, return back to Edgar's to cook dinner and then head to Marienplatz to find Dom. However, it took so long just to walk to the old town, we couldn't imagine heading back. Then when we found out Marienplatz is exactly where we were headed for, we decided to just stay in the old town till Dom came. We had 4 hours to burn, and so we decided on having some dinner to occupy ourselves while we waited and waited...
It was almost 9pm by the time we got to Marienplatz and most of the food places were closed. The place we initally went to had closed its kitchen and was only selling beer at the moment, but the waiter pointed us to a restuarant across the square, saying it was very good... and Soo.. we were introduced to Donisl. 6.95 Euros for any meal sounded reasonable and we were pretty darn hungry, so we headed in...

You have to have BEER when you are in Munich!


Pork Knuckles!! Sheer heaven!
Here's the time where we were introduced to the wonderful world of pork knuckles. Best pork knuckles ever are found in Munich. I didn't order one, and had some pork slices, but I pinched some from the guys. It smells heavenly and is super crispy and juicy at the same time. And it's just this giant piece of meat, so its pure indulgence. Qiang polished off the whole thing, but after that he was complaining a bit. He kept saying he felt disgusted, (Qiang, pls correct me if im wrong), because he could actually feel all the fats he consumed in his stomach and it just felt so sinful and fatty! Eeks! Then, for the record, he said he was never going to eat pork knuckles again. Because I'm only writing this AFTER the whole easter trip, I can tell you that that is totally not what he and the rest of us did, quite the opposite in fact. =)

Good restaurant selling German food.
We took a while to finish up all the food and then we sat around in the restaurant for some more. Finally nearing 12am, the restuarant was about the close and we decided it was time to head to the station and wait for Dom. We roam the stations for a good half hour or so, before Dom arrives. He seemed tired and pissed off with the airlines he was taking, but still happy to see us. Yey! We head back to Edgars where we finally figure out how to arrange ourselves for the night. They got worried that we came back so late, and so I must make sure we make ourselves more accountable for in the future.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home