Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Back in sg

This is going to be my first post since I've returned to SG. Haven't had the chance to because I have either been too busy with work or too tired from work. When I come back, I just want to soak in the tub and sleep. Work is really super busy, because the project is now behind schedule and we need to put in extra time to get the system up and running and run the test to keep our client happy. Tonight, I am sitting in bed writing this, before I delay even longer. I will start updating on new york trip after this! as usual, back dated ah.. i like to remember the date that I went somewhere or did somthing although I never write in time. =)

My last entry which said I'd reach singapore in the next 24 hours was totally inaccurate. Cos! ohso clever me missed my flight from dallas to chicago. Won't write why now to cut the longg story short! and although I caught the next flight from dallas to chicago 2 hours later, I missed the flight from chicago to hongkong and ended up waiting 24 hours in chicago airport for another flight from chicago to tokyo... I have a knack for giving myself a little 'adventure'. Sigh! oh yeah, and my check-in was the maximum, in fact, it's 2 X 50 pounds of check in, while my luggage hit 50.5 pounds each. So see me with pushing 100 pounds of check-in luggage with my other 30+ pounds of hand carry in a trolley and roaming the airport alone. The movie "terminal" came into mind, and it actually made me think on the bright side. like hey! at least, it's just 24 hours! Just 24 hours....... rightt..... luckily I survived the night, cos I met many nice people, who either helped me watch my stuff while I went toilet(other times, I push my entire trolley into the cubicle with me), pointed out the power outlet to me so I could use my laptop, introed me to interesting websites to pass time, helped pick up my stuff when I tipped over my whole trolley while getting onto their inter-terminal mrt illegally plus plus plus..

So what did I do for 24 hours in chicago airport? I couldn't sleep cos I remembered my friend honghow lost his bag in a matter of seconds in chicago airport before, and I needed to protect my property! Think of all my shopping! esp the ex bag I bought for my mother! So I ate very long meals, while listening to music and reading my book. The first few hours were torture! And then, I started watching the hongkong drama that I never got to finish in US. Plus, I had huihui smsing me all the time, keeping her sis company!

Thanks HUI! Miss you a lot now! Come back home from your holiday soon! buy me keds! and wallet! thanks u very much!! =PPP

okay, time to catch up on new york!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home