Monday, February 21, 2005

Ultimate Fighting 2!

Today, Qiang and I went to the Stockholms Stad Bibliotek in Odenplan to sign up for a library card. At the entrance, there was this guy who requested to take our portrait. The guy came from Barcelona 8 years ago to study in KTH and is now studying photography in Sweden. His project is to take 50 portraits of different people in the week. He's supposed to e-mail us the photos so we can check out his work later.

In the library, we borrowed a couple of tour guides on Holland, Germany and Prague. I also took two on Stockholm. I really wanna buy a great book about Sweden before I go. For a reminder of Sweden and so that I can tell myself and others what are the things that I managed to do, experience, see and of course eat that are mentioned in the book.

Image hosted by Putfile.com
Image hosted by Putfile.com
Stockholms Stad Bibliotek

Image hosted by Putfile.com
My new library card

I cannot make it for Swedish this wednesday, so I crashed Alvis' Swedish class today, along with Qiang and another guy Antonio from Spain who is also in my class. I don't like Alvis' teacher at all. I know its good practice for us, but this guy speaks Swedish almost all the time and I can't understand a thing he says. It's also largely due to the fact that I was taught slightly different things in my class. Plus my teacher Berit gives us notes and this guy doesn't! I miss my teacher already and now i appreciate her much more.

At 9, I returned to Lappis and went for my second Ultimate Fighting Class. Today's class was much more strenous. My arms are pretty sore now and I predict that my abdomen will be aching tomorrow as well. We had to do stomach exercises while we were waiting for our turns for the teacher to teach us a new technique on the mats. We learnt some new moves that are pretty interesting. So let’s recap the interesting moves for today. I will add in some photos later on when I find myself a model. It's easier to understand the moves through photos instead of words.

  1. When Opp kicks R leg, you hook up and lock the leg with your L hand. Next R arm hooks up the Opp’s R knee. Use R leg to hook Opps L leg so that Opp falls to the floor.
    a) Get on floor. Swing R leg over Opps R leg to keep it in place. Apply pressure on R leg.
    b) Remain standing. Apply whatever to Opp’s face
  2. When someone stabs you in the stomach. You move backwards. Hold the person’s arm, R hand above, L hand below. Twist his hand outwards. Roll inwards with R leg first and stab the poor fella instead.
  3. When the person punches the right hand. You block upwards using the L arm. Then R arm entangles in. L hand applies pressure to bend his arm back. Try to lock your hands together to lock his arm and bring him to the floor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home