Wednesday, April 27, 2005

6 hours in Tallin.

Hosted by Putfile.com
Walking from the ferry terminal towards tallin's old town.
Hosted by Putfile.com
Tallin's old town from afar.

Besides Prage ,Tallin is the only other Eastern European country I have been to and frankly, I think Tallin is much prettier than Prage. Another thing is that, Tallin is not as overly infiltrated by tourist. It lacks the big market squares where you can find little knick knacks, but with 6 hours, I think I enoyed our little sightseeing walk.
Hosted by Putfile.com
Hosted by Putfile.com
Hosted by Putfile.com
Hosted by Putfile.com
I think this picture of Dom is really pretty, can see the pigeons flying and their wings extended. I was actually petrified the moment this picture was taken. What actually happened was that we were walking along the street, when this old woman hebind us threw some breadcrumbs onto the sidewalk for the birds. And suddenly, a whole flock of them fluttered down! Argh! Anyone who knows me well should know I hate birds, especially pigeons. In fact, I'm a little terrified of them. And then, what happens next, the old woman who has walked past us to further down the street decides to probably drop another bunch of breadcrumbs. Then the whole flock of birds plus many others, just fly from this point to that point. And they dont bother flying high again, so basically the whole flock just flew straight past me, like at the same level. Qiang asks me to run across the pavement to hide in the pharmacy, but somehow I just couldn't move. Actually, I'm not that sure how close the whole flock was, cos I closed by eyes the moment I saw them coming and tried to block it all out, but I could hear them and they were awfully close. And then, I started sniffing a bit, which was quite embarassing.

Hosted by Putfile.com
Hosted by Putfile.com
Buffet at Eesti Maja, which is a 5 minutes walk out of the old town. Recommended by lonely planet to be cheap, traditional Estonian food.
Hosted by Putfile.com
Dom says its good. I give it an OK.
Hosted by Putfile.com
Hosted by Putfile.com
Hosted by Putfile.com
Hosted by Putfile.com

Hosted by Putfile.com
The city of tallin used to be surrounded by a wall. These are parts of the wall remaining. About half the wall was taken down.
Hosted by Putfile.com
I think this is the nicest looking building in tallin, thus, a postcard home!
Hosted by Putfile.com
Hosted by Putfile.com
You are in Eastern Europe! Pastries and Cakes for roughly a dollar Sing.
Hosted by Putfile.com
View of Tallin from the boat after we have returned .
Hosted by Putfile.com
We finished off 0.5 l Vodka, 0.5 l Vana Tallin, 2 l Coke and 2 l Sprite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home