Hot Chocolate and Salsa
Today, me and Dom go to Slussen to a rather famous (according to Dom) chocolate shop. There, we indulge in hot chocolate, chocolate and cake. Talk about dacadent...
SC's friend, Jackling visits from France. SC, Jackling, Irene, David, me and some of SC's other salsa friends head to the salsa bar. This place is much better than the other place and I dont feel as awkward as the previous time, probably because Irene and Jackling are here with me this time. The rest have all taken salsa lessons except me and Irene. Jackling and SC then proceed to try and teach Irene and I some salsa. Initially, we didn't do much dancing though and talked most of the time. We only danced a little more later on. It's really fun even if you only have the slightest idea of what is going on. Basically, the guy does most of the leading and you only need to know some basic footwork and you just have to learn how to turn whenever you are indicated to turn and move wherever you are led to. I usually just hang around dancing with SC or Jackling. Then, I danced a particularly long song with David and I was turned around so many times I got giddy and whacked into his arms. Yeoow! But I enjoyed myself very much because I felt like I was actually dancing salsa.
Anyway, it's pretty common in salsa bars to just dance with people you don't know. Usually, you just go up to someone and ask if the person wants to dance for the next song and they are pretty cool about it. Irene and I shrink away whenever it happens to us. But just before we leave, we actually dance with some strangers even though we are 2 pretty clueless people. Turned out pretty ok really, they figure you are an amatuer and keep to some simple moves. I learn that the good thing about dancing with someone new is that it's the way you can learn new moves. Because, as SC says, every one/guy only knows those limited moves and after a while he'll just keep doing the same ol things. So overall, an enjoyable night of salsa.





1 Comments:
woohoo! sounds fun lar. NUS is having exam season right now! and u are dancing salsa!!?? *(*@#&(*@&(*(*
argh!
jingyang
Post a Comment
<< Home