Saturday, April 30, 2005

Night at Gamla Stan

Actually, the bonfire is near Gamla Stan, but I can't remember the place's name. Some quick photos, and then I have to go and do some work. (Oh yes... I actually have work to do)

Hosted by Putfile.com
We were pretty early and therefore got spots right at the the top of the steps in front of the fire. We sat exactly where there was tape cordoning off the area, cos we knew it'll get hot. There are some small stalls around selling hotdogs and candies. After a while, a long line of people started coming up to the bonfire with light tourches to light the bonfire.
Hosted by Putfile.com
Starting to light the bonfire. Big pile of wood
Hosted by Putfile.com
Fire to welcome the spring and say goodbye to the winter! Refer to previous posts for more info. Hosted by Putfile.com
Then there are some songs sung by the choir and most of the Swedish people standing around sing along. The guy also talks a lot, but its all in Swedish, so I don't understand almost a thing. Afterwards, there are other songs, where a bunchful of people start dancing. After that, people are just standing around, enjoying the fire and music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home