Terrible Singapore STA Online service.
Okay, I have to admit, I thought I lost my STA ticket the other day, but i turns out I haven't. Anyway, the Singapore STA is super slow and inefficient.
I mailed both Stockholm and Singapore STA the exact same mail on the 10th of may:
Dear Sir/Mdm,
I was originally scheduled to be on this flight from Stockholm to
Singapore. I am an exchange student from Singapore who has been here since
January. The flight details are as follows:
TG961 8 july 2005 1435
TG403 9 july 0800
However, I cannot find my ticket. In addition, I now want to change my
previous booking from the 8th of July to the 30th of June instead. How do
I go about doing so? Thank you for your kind attention.
S8305377A
Ek Li Ling
and the following day I get this mail from STA Stockholm:
Hi Ek Li Ling,
if you have lost your ticket at if it is a student ticket we can help you toget a new one.We will nedd to get as much information from you as possible; Where did youby the ticket, when did you by the ticket and any other useful informatioyou can provide us with.The cost of getting a new ticket is 500sek.Without seeing a copy of your ticket I can't say if it is possible to tochange the dates. But as soon as you give me all the information I can startto find out.
Kind Regards
Linda
Such a friendly and helpful sounding reply. Nevermind a few spelling mistakes, English is not Sweden's main language anyway. I feel that any problem can be solved and they put an effort in giving me a good reply even though not in Swedish. I then correspond with her through a few mails for the next few days, about 4 mails and I completely forget about the other STA.
Today, on the 16th, almost an entire week after my mail, I get this lousy reply from Singapore.
Hi,Where did you brought your ticket from?
Jasmine Soh (on behalf of Leena who is on maternity leave)
Crap reply after a week! With one line of lousy english. I don't care if you are replying on behalf of someone on maternity leave. Talk about bad reputation for Singapore STA. I think they need to improve their online services. I'm sure you get thousands of email requests everyday, but it says a lot to the customer when you reply with a thougtful mail. For one thing, UOB Singapore is very good at that. Argh... and STA speaks about helping you change your ticket in just a few days.. Haha.. If your reply takes ages to come, I dont see how that's going to be done.





1 Comments:
Hi Li, Can your camera be repaired? If not you may want to buy a new one (low-end will do) or alternatively, I can send you my spare camera. Let me know.
Daddy-O
Post a Comment
<< Home