Denmark Day 3: Tivoli
Our itinery for today is basically to just walk around Copenhagen and then go to Tivoli. Tivoli's the most famous tourist spot in Copenhagen.

Feng fu breakfast prepared by my very thougtful hosts. Start the day with the right nutrients and some 'Friends'.

My host in his room


Okay, I must say something for my nice host. He's terribly mistreated in Denmark. Basically, he's been allocated a room in this rather shabby area. Almost everyone who ever stayed here has moved out according to him, and now there's only him, his other Singaporean friend and this old Danish staying behind, from the full number of 8.
It makes me very appreciative of the whole environment I'm staying at in Stockholm. He says Danish get the first priority then european exchange students and then finally Asian exchange students get the lowest priority on housing, which is the complete opposite of that in Stockholm. In Stockholm, the exchange students all have accomodation settled for them, before the local students. He didn't even show his mom pictures of his housing, cos he was afraid she will be very xin tong. Sigh... He feels and I totally agree this place totally looks like one of those make shift compartments that are set up next to construction sites for their workeres. .....
Okay, so after some breakfast, CH and I meet the others and head for the streets.

Walking the streets of Copenhagen.

Check out these bikes. Basically, cycling is such a popular mean of transportation, you can even borrow state-owned bicycles. Yups... Borrow, not rent. Basically, it works like those shoppping carts in super-markets. You put in some coins to dislodge the bike and then after you return the bike to any slot around the city, you get your money returned. Kewl!

Some funny statue

Outside one of Tivoli's entrances and posing with H. C. Andersen.

Tulips! Lovely.. Making up for all those tulips I missed in Netherlands.

Lounging on the grass outside some palace.



Posing among a pretty tree. It's a stunted tree, which makes it rather cute.



More Tulips!

In the Botanic Gardens

Looks like I'm in Singapore Chinese Garden right? Ahaha... This is actually a part of Tivoli, amusement Park. They have the area decorated with different themes, and I think this Chinese Garden area is done up pretty fancy.



Actually, we didn't enjoy ourselves all that much, because the place was ridiculously packed. We had chosen a day where there was a special open-air concert. But it also meant that it attracted lots more people. I think most of the people in Tivoli were Danish teenagers or youngsters. We couldn't understand most of the songs cos they were sung in Danish, but the crowd was happily singing along.

Tivoli: Fairy-tale land

Lastly, we watched the water fountain display and went home.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home