Friday, May 06, 2005

Denmark Day 2, Part 1: Frederiksborg Castle

This morning, I travelled alone from CH's place to meet the others at Hillerød to visit the Frederiksborg palace...

CH's place is a 10 minute walk from the Virum station. CH lent me his camera for the day. I'm a few minutes early so in solutide, I start snapping away. It's a rainy day. If I miss the train, I'd have to wait a good 20 minutes before the next one.

Hosted by Putfile.com
Virum station
Hosted by Putfile.com
My train!
Hosted by Putfile.com
The ticket machine. There're no barriers at the train stations, so you have to validate your tickets at this machine first before boarding the train. As there's no counter to check and stamp your tickets before the train station, the frequency of train conductors is a lot more frequent, so its best not to try any stunts.

Hosted by Putfile.com

At Hillerød, we take some photos before walking towards the castle.
Hosted by Putfile.com
Hosted by Putfile.com
Hosted by Putfile.com
Hosted by Putfile.com

Hosted by Putfile.com

Hosted by Putfile.com
Hosted by Putfile.com
Frederiksborg Castle in the background.

Hosted by Putfile.com
Along the way, we see this lovely duck couple resting among the grass. We spot the mother duck nursing her egg. Dom, the rascal, chases the birds away.
Hosted by Putfile.com
Egg left behind. After some yelling at him, we continue forth. Hopefully, the ducky pair return for their egg.
Hosted by Putfile.com
Hosted by Putfile.com
A group photo. We happened to meet Jenley and her friends who are also touring in Copenhagen-- Alice and Xiao Ming
Hosted by Putfile.com
Hosted by Putfile.com
Hosted by Putfile.com
Hosted by Putfile.com
I think the photos with the castle's fountain are really nice. Hence, the many numbers...
Hosted by Putfile.com
Hosted by Putfile.com
Hosted by Putfile.com
Hosted by Putfile.com
Hosted by Putfile.com
Another group photo
Hosted by Putfile.com
Dom and I
Hosted by Putfile.com
A grand interior. The famous chapel of the castle.
Hosted by Putfile.com
Hosted by Putfile.com
Hosted by Putfile.com
Hosted by Putfile.com
Hosted by Putfile.com
Hosted by Putfile.com
A beautiful hall, decorated with coat and carvings.
Hosted by Putfile.com
Overall, I think its comparative to the Versailles in Paris, despite my initial expectations.

Hosted by Putfile.com

Hosted by Putfile.com
Hosted by Putfile.com
Some sweet wild flowers.

Hosted by Putfile.com
The Baroque Garden.
Hosted by Putfile.com
Garden and Castle
Hosted by Putfile.com
Hosted by Putfile.com

After Frederiksborg Castle, we proceeded to the other castle, Kronborg Castle, also known as the Hamlet Castle.


  • Proceed to 2nd part in Kronborg castle
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home