Sunday, March 19, 2006

MATLAB!!

Wheee!! haha.. I think I am having quite a bit of fun programming. Unlike studying, writing an essay, completing a lab, programming can make someone engrossed that minutes, hours fly by. You find yourself rooted to your chair without even feeling the long hours. Hahaha...Guess many programmers will agree with me. Those who don't know what I am saying, pls dun just conclude it's cos Im mugger Ek. THen again, tHink I am really quite bian tai, actually kind of sad that I was not that consistent on my FYP project. Due to lack of time, I really really cannot continue adding new features to my program. First draft is on the 30th of March, and in this time I have to

finish up writing the program
start running simulations and getting results
write my thesis
write my technical paper

ARGH!!!!!!!! To those who I haven't seen around for a long long time, sorry, this is the last leg, I cannot lose! Haha.. After that, we can relax and meet up =).

Actually, my program ran fine without all the work I have been doing these past few days,
but I have still done a fair bit of programming just to add in new interfaces because ...........

1. I realised that my supervisor likes to look at pretty interfaces. He equates your effort to what you can add to the features of the program. For now, supervisor is king, so you deliver what the king wants, so he will give you a decent grade for FYP.

2. My own ego. When I am running the program and someone says "wah... your interface very nice!", I'll have to say... "eh.. It's done by the previous FYP student". Then person will say "chey..." and liling will be very sad...

There, even though I can get same results output in the more efficient matlab command window, I decided presentation of a nice gui is still the most important. Sigh... To superficial on-lookers, and even to my supervisor... so oh well... who wants to see endless numbers just running on a window. Anyway, it's a lot more interesting then running the boring simulation anyway. Hate running simulations!

Just that day, I was "complaining" to my friend. I was yelling, that previous fyp student is crazy. (we often call people with first-class honours crazy too, such is the nature of humans) Siao lah he, do so much, now make things difficult for me. He's
obsessed is it, too free ah... do SOOO many things. Then liquan said, "eh... It's not he too free, he was just consistent. it's cos 你每天打球 ." Oh yah hor... But it's okay! I'm having intensive sessions now... Check out my 2 babies for the last 2 days. Thursday night after 3501 test to sat night.


tunebox

setting


ok, ya guys must think I am damn boring, raving abt fyp and programming.

Actually, today I had a break from fyp, I went to play frisbee with the Alumni, then halfway thru, what shld Liling do, but to knock into someone (and I'm not even holding the frisbee, or about the receive the frisbee) and I go sailing in the air. I think flew for a while, because I still had the time to comtemplate whether I should do a rolling breakfall. Then now I have slight scrapes on my back and I scraped my elbow rather nastily. Was yelling in the shower when the water hit, and I really dunno if I can ta han when my gi rubs against my elbow during tmr's judo competition. Think this will really really really be my last competition le.. =(

which also means I have to sleep NOW!

goodnite peeps!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home