the guys? the football? the crowd?
But just now, I saw this boy crying after the Czech match, his face painted in red, blue and white. his daddy was beside him, talking softly to him. And I felt sad too. then the camera focused on another man with a red, blue and white mohawk and painted face sitting alone in the stands, staring into space. Emotions.. We're so easily affected by how others are feeling, even if we're half a globe away from one another. It's the intensity of emotions that draws me as an audience.
I said something damn bimbo just now. I was supporting Ghana, and then during the penalty kick, which I thought was wrongfully given in the first place, the camera fell on a Czech boy with gilstening eyes and I suddenly say out loud, "okay, I don't want the penalty to go in, and I hope Czech scores, cos I don't want the boy to cry anymore. Please let them draw!" But that is ridiculous cos even if there can be draws now, eventually in the knockout stages, there are winners and losers and someone has to celebrate, and someone has to be disappointed.
On a side note, its great when I get to see beautiful footage of Germany too. Really loved the short time I spent there, and just feel the urge to visit again. I know.. I'm totally falling into the trap of tourism. What can I say? World cup is a great chance to publicise ur country.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home