I live to eat, while others eat to live
had one of my most fantastic buffets yesterday at the Oriental Hotel with my mom, happy pill and my aunt's family.
dare not take photos of the buffet spread cos I will malu myself in a posh restaurant. but I took some shots of the food I took with my phone's camera. YES! i ate this much!! Dieeeee.. Missed out the photos of the corn, mutton and prawns from the grill and the fondue, cos I cannot make another set of 4. Wahaha..
I love the cheese and cracker toppings and the salad. So many different types of salad vege to choose from, which I keep saying I wanna find out more about but never do; a little sashimi and cold noodle, and I NEED more cracker and cheese. So fattening! ... ; some rice, a sandwich, 2 diffrent breads from indian food; yey.. i ate some prawns and clams..; I am too full to eat the raw oysters, mussels and fresh prawns and watever, but I have space for the pretty desserts.

too much variety is no good. I cannot eat everything cos there are too many choices. so sad. pretty deserts, some tarts and creams. waffle and creme brulee. other pretty desserts. chocolate souffle and cakes.

I was aware that I was supposed to eat a fair share of fresh seafood to make my buffet worthwhile, but I couldn't help but go for the cheaper goods. I have cheap taste? I had quite a bit of cheese and crackers... can't help the fact that i'm a bread junkie and that there's a lot of cheese and bread on selection. though bread is like the last thing u are supposed to consume on a buffet. Then I moved on to jap food, then some chinese food, mixed grill, indian food and sandwiches. Left out the thai food and the cold seafood, cos I had to leave space for dessert.
And I love desserts! especially pretty ones, which they had a lot of! sigh! there was a souffle station where u choose mango, vanilla or chocolate, with either creme, chocolate or strawberry sauce, and 2 chocolate foundue fountains - one milk chocolate and one dark. There was also a waffle station, serving waffles with movenpick icecream and you can have it with toppings and sweets available, (like snickers, smarties, marshmellows, gummie bears, sweets, chocolate covered sunflower seeds, rainbow sprinkles, chocolate sprinkles, pistachio cookies, loveletters and wafers) or toppings like chocolate, rasberry, caramel sauce, nuts and canned peaches. hahaha.. And a ice kachang station, and there was a tray of local sweets and kuay, and some choices of cakes and finally 2 trays of pretty desserts in little cups and dishes. see photo above..
Basically I ate a lot.
And then my cousins ate really little, think kids are just like dat. They aren't socially educated yet on how to make their buffet worth it. My cousins ate one plate of prawn crackers and duck meat, with chicken rice(which they had to order extra cos it was not served at the buffet), and then moved on to some soup and then dessert, not the pretty desserts, but just normal ice-cream and some fondue then they were full! what!?haha. .but it's understandable.I saw a lot of kids with only koropok on their dishes. HUh!?
Then I was reminded of the one time I had buffet with my parents at another hotel when I was younger, and I was damn sad, cos my daddy and mother gave me disapproving looks when I filled my plate with pizza and bread. Why you never take seafood???! eh.. cos I want to eat pizza! sigh.. Then I was very sad that I couldn't just eat what I wanted to eat. Why can't we eat what we like and only eat whats worth our dollar.
Think I have definitely expanded my food range now that I'm older. But haha.. can't help being lured towards bread and desserts.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home