Friday, June 16, 2006

once in every 4 years

Realised that I have not blogged for more than 3 weeks. Probably due to the fact that I no longer have my laptop switched on 24/7 as I did in hall. Been enjoying myself being a bummer the last 3 weeks. Was I bored? Nah… Spent the time since moving out of hall going to hongkong, tanning on the beach, playing mahjong, playing tennis, meeting friends and shopping. I kind of lost the mood to shop after the initial shopping frenzy, because my clothes cupboard is bursting and my room has just too many things. One can accumulate hell lot of things staying in the same house for 16 years. And what fun is shopping, if one feels restricted at the purchasing end.

It’s great that it’s the World Cup is now. One more thing to keep me occupied. I’m not even going to pretend that I’m a football fanatic. I don’t know who belongs to which club and who has what history for nuts. I’m not enthusiastic enough to spend 90 minutes during a school day watching soccer when I have a billion things to do. But.. but once every 4 years, I catch the soccer bug for World Cup. Why? Cos everyone is watching it and its great joining in. You feel happy too when you see people going crazy over a goal. The bug just spreads. And realistically speaking, it’s timing in June couldn’t have been any better. When I have the time on my hands, and am at home and need entertainment on my hands.

Right now, I am waiting for 3 am, for the match between Sweden and Paraguay to start. Have to entertain myself for 45 minutes else I will definitely fall asleep. And I have to watch this match and cheer Sweden on, because they must must win this game, else they would be almost definitely out of the top 16. All cos they drew with Trinidad and Tobago. Almost thought Trinidad would draw with England as well just now, which will be disastrous, cos no. 1 I like England and no. 2, I rather England top the grp then the points being spread between England and Trinidad and both qualify. I don’t know how these players usually play, but that Crouch and Lampard make me want to tear out my hair. Their finishing is way off and yet somehow the ball always finds them. How come the coach take Owen off and not one of them. Thought Owen made a more decent try at goal with his one opportunity as cped to Crouch and Lampard’s dozen, but then again I duno anything. Must be they play different positions is it? Neo explain to me. I used to think rooney’s like a little red devil, but I’ve decided that I like him rather much. A lot of hunger for the ball and energy in him. Not terribly excited when Crouch got it in.. True maybe he was being heavily marked all along, but seriously, it was like… OKAY… you finally got it in. Sigh… After many terrible misses!! I like gerrard’s goal better though it didn’t make much difference. his long shots pack a lot of power, which makes me feel very very sorry for the poor captain who got hit in the groin by his ball. oh yeah, I thought Terry’s save was the most acrobatic.

So yeah, for those who only hear of Trinidad and Tabago cos of this world cup and maybe cos of miss universe, I went to find out where exactly is Trinidad and Tabago. Who drew Sweden!! Argh!! But great job still to them. Even with 8 men in the penalty box.


Watch world cup. Helps improve geography.

LocationTrinidadAndTobago

td-map
trinidad and tabago cos its actually 2 islands. Ah... but of cos..

taken from wikipedia and cia world fact book respectively

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home