Sunday, August 13, 2006

rag day 2006

we won 6 out of 8 awards at rag day 2006! It was a sweet victory after the years of waiting. It was great hearing our hall's name announced again and again. competitions are tough, not everyone is acknowledged for their efforts, and I know the other hall's worked hell hard as well, but for once in a very very long time, our hall emerged victorious.

kr won Best Environmental Friendly Float, Best Float Presentation, Best Flag Day,Best Float for Halls of Residence, The overall champion, Chancellor's Challenge Shield and the new award the osa creativity shield.

I think a huge factor for the win was the use of unconventional scrape materials in our float this year. Like computer hardware, fans, vacuum cleaners, shower heads, hangers and other useful scraps that rag picked up that they didn't even know where they came from.

Good work KR flag and rag! Kheng guan, congrats! You did it! hope ya get your well-deserved rest. =)

Pictures up soon if I manage to get them from chwans or whoever else!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home