Monday, May 16, 2005

Jag tycker om vår

Jag tyckar om vår = I like Spring! Yes... Spring is finally here. And in a place where you hardly see any sun and feel the cold for almost 3 whole months, spring is welcomed with open arms. You can tell spring is here and that the people here appreciate it so much when the sun finally comes out. People start lounging on the grass all over the place for no reason. They bring a picnic, have BBQs, simply chit chat or bring a book. There are flowers springing up everywhere. Unfortunately, my camera is down and I can't take photos just as and when I like it when I'm walking around. =(


Hosted by Putfile.com
Haha.. oh yeah.. Check out my basil plant. I'm kind of attached to it now. It's a tough little thing. Can actually survive under my terrible hands... I think I had it for more than a month now. Provides me with an adequate supply for basil for cooking. Each time I neglect it for a few days when I go on holiday, its leaves start to shrivel and I think it dead. But after I give it some water, it springs back to life within 2/3 hours. Magic! Sometimes, I make myself cook a dish with basil just so that I can give it a little prunning. Hmm.. actually thought of smuggling it home. . Check out the lettuce. Thats the lettuce I bought from the super market the day before going off to Copenhagen. After chopping off most of it for the burrito, Dom suggests that I plant it because it will grow. I wanted to finish eating it the next day before my trip, but dom said I'd have enough for another salad by the time I return, so.. yeah... experiment time.

Hosted by Putfile.com

Ahaha.. You can see how my lettuce looks after about 2 weeks. Well.. I didn't water it for the 4 days I was in Copenhagen, so half the chunk died and it was quite gross. But yeah.. check out the remainder now, you can see that it has actually grown taller! So yeah.. I didn't know I can grow my own lettuce. hahah! Okay, sorry for boring all those not interested in botany. It's just pretty fun to me, seeing my little plants growing by my window. That's the view from my window in Spring. Not much actually, you can see some little white and yellow wild flowers growing. Jenley can see deers and squirrels from her window cos its near a little forest.

2 Comments:

Blogger mummy's little pig said...

Your tagboard is down again! =(
Hmm must say that I'm really impressed... that you can grow something and cook stuff with it

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u can always smuggle some basil seeds home, if u cannot bring the plant ;)

Haoxian

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home