Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Arrival

After 3 flights and more than 24 hours, I finally arrived in texas. As we took the cab from dallas down to plano, I was pretty amazed by the stretches of land, and how all the shops were standalone single storey buildings lined up along the main road. Even better, I liked the large highways that crisscrossed below and over one another. It's not San Francisco or New York, but I'm in the US alright. Oh.. abundant land..

I like my apartment. It's pretty cool for 2 people to live in. In fact, I kind of wish that I had friends and family around to come share it. It has a lot of things that I would look for if I'm just starting out and looking for an apartment back home myself. For one, I like the clean well-equipped open concept kitchen. I can watch tv, while I'm cooking yeahh, cos its right next to the living room.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Living room. First commercial I saw when I switched on the tv was a commercial for viagra. hrm... Have also seen friends, scrubs, sex and the city, frasier, but no grey's anatomy yet.. Where's my grey's anatomy!!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

First meal in texas = instant noodles
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And I like the woody dresser and the walk-in wardrobe.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Why can't I have a walk-in wardrobe in Singapore!! *sob* Back home, the cupboard is always way too full and I can never find my clothes. Too bad I have a damn big walk in wardrobe when I've got my little suit case of clothes. hehe.. but still, its fun pretending. One of the first things i did was to unload my clothes into wardrobe, which still looks rather pathetic. heheh And the wardrobe is in the toilet, so yeah... I can slowly choose what I want in the toilet. hmm. gd idea bad idea? Just a different way of living for now. ooh, and theres both the shower and bathtub, which is fine now, but what I think is quite silly to have both unless I really reallly have the extra cash.

Lastly, my bed... yeah.. all mine.. too bad no happy pill around =(

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
ah.. lastly, also have pic of toilet here.. hehe
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

okay, so far, apartment is all very nice, and I am happy. Just thinking of how I'm actually going to get this place cleaned.. Hmm.. maybe will count on minh, because she really does seem very domesticated. (not sure if right word) but ah.. very housewife like.. like she didn't allow me to use the cloth provided to dry the dishes cos she says it may be dirty and she wants to clean it first. And how she brought along dried mushrooms and spices and how she prefers asian garlic to western garlic (supposedly smaller ones) cos they have a better smell. Hehe.. Maybe she will cook some vietnamese food for my sampling soon =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home