Thursday, October 26, 2006

kena conned.. not happy.. =(

First check out my delicious pizza. It's pretty good for US$1 and it's cheap, convenient.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Just dump it in the oven for 15 minutes while watching tv and u've got great crunchy, yummy pizza for 1. Then hear me out. really wt****... I really dunno what is wrong with me sometimes. Basically, I think I got conned out of 10 bucks today! 10 bucks! that's 10 pizzas.. Well... it's a lesson well learnt. I'm never ever going entertain these door to door people ever again, even if I'm in a foreign country. you can go scram somewhere else. HUMPH!!!!

so you think someone comes to your door, and tells you they are playing a game, so you say hi, make a little small-talk. and you think people are just being nice. Come on, I actually thought it was some friendly neighbours which arranged a weekly program or some community around the estate. dumb or not? plus, though almost entirely irrelevant, the other day, this lady signed me up for a tomthumb card, which gives us supermarket discounts when i was at the counter just like that. she was very helpful and it was all free.. So maybe my guard was down... Or when i went to norway, and people run up to you and tell you they need to take a photo with you cos they are playing a game. so i oblige. Yeah, so this time, i open the door, and its a 21 yr old guy and 28 yr old gal. I know cos I did the shit small talk. And then, they are really smooth, either that or i am really stupid

marcos the suspect ass:
hey,has 2 other good looking kids come up to your door (oh yah! and I thought maybe its some halloween stunt)
me: no
marcos: okay, so you are saying they are not good looking?
me: eh.. no?
marcos: okay, so you are saying we are not good looking?
me:?? eh.. okay, u are quite good looking.. ( i duno what to say! angmos blardy thick skin or damn smooth at talking)
marcos: we are from some tv, radio school and we come out to practise our communication skills.. and blah blah.. and we are playing a game to get points. so why don't you ask me how you can help us get points?

so it ends up they get points to get people to buy magazines.

he also says: yeah, there are other people walking around, but if you buy from us, we will tag on your door that tells the others that you've already bought from us and no one else will bother you anymore.

And, i cannot remember, somewhere along the way, he says buy1 or 2 magazines and I think it's okay. And once i say okay, and we talk more, and I ask him again for comfirmation, he says oh no.. you have to subscribe to a year of magazines.. Wth!? and then I tell him no, he tells me i can donate buy disney magazines for $30 and they will donate it to the children's home. And then I say I don't have that much cash. And then after that, he suggests putting down $20 instead. I say no way, and say $10. and he says ok. and I go in to get cash, cos I think oh heck, I dunon how to get them away, and I wasn't listening maybe cos i just wanted to go to the gym, and it's for good cause I guess..my mother's one of those who frequently donates when people approach her. And when I come back and say: ok, here's 10. He tells me.. Oh no.You can't give 10, you have to give 20! and I got pissed I said: you're pissing me off, don't push it and he took the $10. but seriously? I should have just said NO to anything by then, cos I was thinking.. what the hell.. where got charity that's so pushy and misleading.. always trying to push for more.

and what pissed me off and made me feel totally conned was the last stunt. you know his stupid tag to be posted on the door, was some shit paper he tore off from another paper and here it is. I can't believe it. I feel totally ripped off.. Tamade... I was like.. That's your taG!????? and I took the paper which he tore the "tag" from, and the paper looks damn old and ratty. US like to save environment by using brownish paper is it? someone enlighten me. And he says. Oh no, the tag is the receipt stub, this one is from a void receipt cos some woman was going to donate and the husband came back and said something like no, dont donate or i'd divorce u. like duh.. shit man. but the 10 bucks is in his hand, and he knows where i stay.. I duno.. but I've already stepped into it. I guess I dont want to make a scene, and you cannot be sure that if i did buy the magazines, they would have really been delivered. I duno man.. those staying long in us, please enlighten me if these charity drives are common or these stunts are common. And you know what's best.. after that, SHE commented to me, I dont think you should donate. And I told her.. WhY Didn't you come help me?!/ just come to door and see what happen and run away. then after that always make useless comments later.. (Quote from someone else) then she says.. oh i thought you wanted to donate or I would have helped.. Sigh.... we cannot communicate man.. arghh!

I can't even read the punk's handwriting. and he couldn't paste it on my door. cos its scrap, and he asked me for scotch tape. oh man...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


How do u expect me to believe u if you give me a shitty tag to put on my door that looks like this!!

Oh... today, I deployed a patch wrongly onto an A serve when I shouldn't. and I killed the server and 2 of the engineers went for lunch late trying to help me revive it. And they couldn't so we had to get bryan in on it.. damn...... I was trying to avoid him the whole time they were trying to fix it, but cannot siam. But in the end, it was a small fix for him.. he just uninstall locally on the computer, restart the encoder and viola! WHY!??!? shen man.. but i was just soo hoping we didn't need to get him in on it.


and then when I was writing a loooong loong command, I lost it when I hit the up arrow accidentally and I said SHIT aloud. And one of the engineer's donald said.. Oooh.. so she's one of us.. Uh oh.. and said.. she's been learning from mike..they were just joking around and it was quite funny, but I was thinking how bad is shit?? mike is always mouthing F*** all the time. Anyway, mike is my engineering mentor who's a whiz at iptv along with bryan. They are seriously the gurus of the team man.. HOpe to learn all I can from them.
And later, when I got to jerry's place to meet him before going to the community gym, I was telling them about the us$10 and I think I said Fuck once. I didn't mean to, but it just came out.. opps.. But i still dont say it whenever, only when I'm angry. Sorry jie, I know you want to scold me...... =(

oh yah, i realised i've lost the ability to write proper paragraphs. my apologies. the words come out as they go thru my brain.

Big S! why aren't you ever online during Singapore mornings?!?! write me an email! =))))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home