Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The weekend: Colin Creek Mall and Texas State Fair

Saturday was spent at a mall called Colin Creek Mall, which has 4 large department stores. It also has some outlets which I'm sure all of you can recognise like forever21, gap and victoria's secrets. But it was hard to get excited, cos the others were not excited. They know close to nothing about the brands. Jerry and samuel tell me that they are hangten fans. Hangten is still the best, the cheapest. So.. you can get the idea that they are not into shopping at all.. but even a little like some guys or most of my other friends. And I feel bad walking into stores while they wait outside. Basically I think they just want to walk through the mall. They took a posed photo sleeping on a bench in the shopping centre just for fun, while I went into a shop for a while. Seriously a while, just to look.. And I am not offended, but just yeah.. I can tell that the shopping thing is not quite working out. I think everyone is still most occupied when we shop at grocery shops. I guess I will come out shopping on my own another time.

On sunday, we went to the texas state fair. We actually got there easily cos there was a shuttle bus to the fair park. Which makes my hours searching the net 2 nights ago for the route totally wasted. But yeah... I guess it's only a special service to the fair park during the period of the fair. The fair wasn't all that exciting. Everyone has no preference so I end up suggesting places to go. I don't know. Have I been and seen too many places? is the company just different? or does Europe just give you a more magical and exotic feeling? The buildings aren't fancy, the band playing is just a band playing. I don't know why the hell I was so excited before in Sweden. I can even look back at that particular entry. everyting around was just so different and beautiful And sheep? I can see all that when I go to Australia. And the games and rides are just ridiculously expensive to play. The rest aren't up for them anyway. maybe if I went with my family. And A big part about the fair is the motorshows. But we're not a big fan of cars so we skipped all of that too. I guess the best part was seeing the rabbits (and I'm not even supposed to like rabbits) and the super big pig and the cutest little pigs having a race. I've got the link to the video Jerry took. I think it's pretty cute the race.

the photos are on the photo album. too many and too tideous to post. I just finished writing my quarterly report, so I'm tired of looking at the computer any further than I have to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIIA91iPWeA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home