Cannot believe I forgot to document one of the most impt events of this year. Haha.. so pathetic.. and nerdy right... Which is my CA4 presentation with my examiner, held on the 11th of april, 5pm.
Yes, it is finally over. Hooray! Can finally throw it to one side... Have to pick it up again momentarily after exams to clear up the codes though. remove redundant codes and add in comments.
I felt prepared enough for CA4, because I already did most of the slides during CA3 the previous saturday. Spent the 10th afternoon just adding in some very extra slides. And then after that, I even went out with the finale gals to holland V for swensen's, where we stuffed ourselves silly with $1 unlimited ice-cream( i want photos!!).
So what happens on monday night, the night b4 my ca4 is that I attempt to convert my matlab program to an exe, stand-alone program in a lousy attempt to not run matlab during ca4. Then oh no!! I screw up my matlab. There's an error msg once I open the program and nowmy matlab can no longer edit anything. And I needed to edit the GUI cos some of the alignments for the simulation results were out. ARGH!!! why why why!??! I refuse to spend 2 hours to reload the whole program, yet I am moronic enough not to know how to fix the seemingly small problem. like come on!! I only entered one line of code b4 the problem emerged. So uptil 4 am I try to fix this problem and then I start searching abt for people with matlab to save me. But who is awake at 4 am in the morning? I refuse to go to bed with this problem even if the ca4 is at 5pm. Naively I was still planning to go for my lessons from 10 to 12 and 2 to 4 the next day. Stupid idiot.
Okay, cut the chase. Thnks to jinx, who bothered to help look for matlab user hc, and to follow up on my problem. thanks huancao for letting me invade ur room in the wee hours of the morning and for listening to my long rehearsal and comprehending my material. thanks to zixiang! saviour! For lending me the laptop. thanks to big s and tat for cooking lunch and small thanks to u guys for being my mock audience during my rehearsal, cos I know nothing went into ur heads at all! weee! Not like u guys attempted, but still thnks... =}
So much for being not last-minute, calm and collected and having a good night's rest. Such a scenario does not seem to exist in my life.
But okay lah, overall, I think I still managed to pull it off. Haha... I'm actually very proud of my overall presentation and slides. I don't care what the examiner says le.
Oh yeah.. and big thanks to jingyang, for being my one and only supporter through the actual CA4. =) you'z e best! He's the best audience to have. He appears to listen attentively, nods at all the appropriate times, bascially very very encouraging!! kekeke!! and he has thoroughly convinced me that I did fine for Q and A. (wei, pls dont change ur mind hor... =)) thanks thanks thanks... for being there.
And thanks for all who asked me how it was when I came back. Hahaha... Edwin says I chu4 dong4 the whole kr for one ca4. sigh.. people can't help knowing when u've msg pple wildy at night for help. What wld I do if not for such dramas in my life.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home